Weekend Off!!

For the past few weeks, I've tracked everything that I've consumed, hoping that the weight will continue to drop. It has and I've been happy, but this weekend Hubby and I were able to escape!

We dropped the kids and dog off at a friends house and drove only about 35mins to a B&B. It was perfect! We stayed at the Edgewood Manor Inn. It was great! The owner and his friend welcomed us even though we were about 2hrs early... ok, so we were excited about our night away :)

We were brought up to our room on the 3rd floor. It was the Empire Room. The 2person jacuzzi was half the size of Phoebe's room, I swear... and about 3 ft deep! heehee... yeah, I liked it :)

We changed and headed to dinner at Gracie's in Providence, RI. I love food. I mean, I know people say this, but I really, really love food. The menu is amazing and everything looks so good, it's almost impossible to decide what you want to try. Sooo... we decided why choose.

We ordered the 5 course chef's tasting menu with a wine pairing.

I have to say that THIS is the happiest place on earth. The only thing that would have made it better is if we had chosen the 7 course tasting menu :)

Everything was so delicious. The chef sent out and amuse bouche as we were drinking our pre-meal cocktails and starting to try one of the 4 house-made breads. Then the courses and wines started. I was going to take pics, but then I forgot because the food was just calling to be eaten.

I think I would have stayed way below my points if I had avoided the 3-4pieces of bread I inhaled... but it was soo good. I have no regrets, even if I gain weight this week. It was completely worth it. Hey, life happens. Today we had a 3course breakfast, including a fruit cup, blueberry muffin, cinnamon apple cake, and scrambles eggs florentine.

On the way home, we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant we'd been eyeing for a while, but we usually have the kids with us. It just so happened that they had a brunch set up with ALL of the fixings! Crab stuffed sole, chicken marsala, prime rib and ham. Then a pasta station, omelette station, soup and salad station, dessert station, AND bacon, sausage french toast, etc...

I was good, but after everything else, this probably wasn't the best idea. My evening hasn't been so good either. I mean, I had a damn ice cream cone for dinner!

Anyway, it's all out of my system. I'm ready to get back on track tomorrow, with the hopes that maybe it would help jump start my system. Either way, live, learn and move on. I will NOT be derailed by one weekend of pure food bliss :)

Comments

Popular Posts