Something super yummy!

The past week has been crazy.

It wasn't go go go... well, it was a little, but I had some breathing time.

The thing is, I like consistency.

I like to have a schedule that is constant. If it's an all day thing, a part-time thing, whatever. I like being able to get a system together. This week did not fall into that category, at all!

Yesterday, I got up and managed to get a short jog in, then I had Kenpo class... my first class since last Thursday... MUCH needed!! and that was followed by the last night of Super Skills Football camp. Can I just add that we had tornado AND flash flood warnings while I was at camp. lol. Gotta love New England weather.

So at the end of camp, I was pretty ravenous. I was heading home and all I wanted to do was stop and get a damn Whopper!!! I got home and grabbed the grape and pear tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and rotisserie chicken we had in the fridge and the artichoke hearts from the cabinet and went to town.

I sliced the mushrooms, quartered the tomatoes, minced the garlic, chopped the chicken and heated up the pan.

Ok - 2 tsp of olive oil and the garlic went into the pan until it was golden, then I tossed in the mushrooms. I let them saute a little before throwing in the tomatoes and artichokes. After these were all wilted appropriately, I tossed in the chicken and seasoned with some salt and pepper. It still wasn't where I wanted it to be. I need FLAVOR!

I searched the fridge and found the Kikoman Teriyaki Marinade... Yay! Love this stuff. Back in the day before I knew my Chef Hubby and ate whatever the hell I wanted - all the while gaining more and more weight... I used to love to make some pasta elbows and toss it in the marinade. hehe :)

Yeah, that wasn't the healthiest time in my life, but thankfully after being together for 12 years, I've been able to spread my culinary wings. This was super yummy and I will definitely be making it again. The best part is the chicken and oil were the only things that even "cost" points for the this meal.

Have you been able to grab and cook any fun and yummy meals lately??

Comments

Popular Posts