Healthy Cookout!!

I didn't think to take pictures yesterday, but OMG, we had some awesome food!!

We have been so busy this summer that we have only had one cookout for our little family of 4, never mind a cookout with our friends. So we decided to remedy this yesterday.

The funny thing is, most of our friends are watching what they eat, as well. And the others don't care what we eat as long as it tastes great. Well, that's not a big problem, especially with a chef in the house. I went grocery shopping Saturday and decided to incorporate some seafood into the mix, along with the usual hot dogs, burgers, etc.

This was our menu:

Jumbo Shrimp with Pampered Chef Thai Red Curry Rub
Cod fillets with pear tomatoes and Pampered Chef Citrus and Basil Rub
(both of these had a very small amount of butter added and then were wrapped in foil packets to steam on the grill)
8 oz lean Sirloin Steaks - I was able to split one with 2 other friends so we could sample everything :)
Roasted Potatoes with "Secret Weapon" seasoning that Hubby created for our homefries when we owed a breakfast restaurant and a drizzle of oil to make it stick.
Fruit Salad - watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, and grapes
Corn on the Cob steamed in their husks on the grill

Friends brought:
Stuffed Mushrooms - soooo yummy
Three Bean Salad

And the typical cookout necessities:
Hot Dogs
Bacon Burgers - yes, there is bacon ground into the ground beef. These rock!
Chips

Dessert was a Trifle made with Angel Food Cake ripped up (only about 2/3 of the cake), 1 1/2 pints of strawberries topped with 2Tbsp of sugar to break them down, and 1 1/2 tubs of fat free cool whip. This filled the entire trifle bowl and we had 5oz bowls to serve it in, which helped with portions.

Everything was absolutely amazing! I had seltzer water to drink and didn't touch the typical stuff at all, so I was able to enjoy all of the food without any guilt! I mean seriously, the steak, fish and shrimp together "cost" me the same points as one burger and bun would have wasted.

I didn't feel like I was skimping at all and everyone enjoyed the food!! Hubby and I have both lost about 7lbs since being back from vacation. I am hoping to lose at least another 2-3lbs this week. Fingers crossed!!

Last week was 2lbs and that brought me to 7.6lbs down in 3weeks. I was at 177.8 last Wednesday, and I would LOVE to skip 175 completely. I guess that means I need to head downstairs and visit my treadmill. I have been a serious slacker this weekend, only earning 3 activity points total in 2 days. oooppss!!

Hmmm... what to make for dinner tonight?? Probably going to eat some steak and potatoes that were left over from yesterday :)

Comments

Popular Posts