Hehe... headed down to the treadmill. I'm going to try to just do a slow steady run. It's so much easier for me to do interval training on the treadmill. That way it doesn't get boring.

Update:
I went downstairs and started to run on the treadmill. For the first minute I had it at 4.7mph but that was too slow and a little painful. So I bumped it up to 5.0 and I was doing great. At about 23mins into the run my daughter came downstairs with her cars. 

I knew this wasn't going to be good. I wear headphones and try to tune out everything. 

BTW... I have no idea how people can just run a consistent tempo on the treadmills for an hour or so. I get soooo bored. I kept asking myself "Am I having problems breathing?" "Are my legs starting to feel weak?". Nope to both... ok, let's keep moving.

But then she started asking me questions. She was talking to me about cars. I snapped a little. Then she told me that she was going to go upstairs and get dressed. Then she came back down one more time to tell me something. I don't know what it was. I just knew that the running was over. 

I tried to walk for a couple of minutes to recover, but my focus was gone and suddenly my legs felt like jelly. I'm so frustrated. I made it 26mins. That's almost 2.5 miles without stopping... without even walking! I wanted to make it to 40mins. 

I think tomorrow will be a good day for another run. I'll be doing intervals though. I like doing the intervals because I get to change the pace and only focus for 30secs - 3mins. 

How do you maintain focus on a run???

Comments

Popular Posts