So last night, we asked the kids where they wanted to go to eat...

Friendly's was the answer, right away.





This was the image that popped into my mind :)

Of course, if I want to continue to actually lose weight, I can't do something stupid like eating 5 scoops of ice cream with multiple toppings. That would blow everything I'd worked for over the past week.

So, I opened the menu with the thought of maintaining my level-headedness and this is what pops up at me...

 

What the hell was I thinking, letting them pick Friendly's??

I asked the waitress if they had nutritional info for the burgers. I didn't want one of the under 500 calories meals. They all looked, well, under 500 calories at a restaurant. It's kind of like wanting a cookie and getting one of those stupid vanilla wafer things.... it just doesn't cut it!

I ended up selecting the Swiss ‘n Mushroom Bacon Burger... Sautéed baby Portabella mushrooms, crispy bacon strips, melted Swiss cheese, and roasted red pepper garlic sauce piled on a Big Beef burger with lettuce, tomato and mayo. BUT I got it without the cheese (and they forgot to give me the bacon), with the sauce on the side. Oh, and I had them change it to a grilled chicken patty instead of the beef. That alone took about 160 calories off the sandwich.

I knew this because I requested the nutritional information. The waitress said no problem, but the manager had somewhat of a cow. She came out and asked me what I wanted the information for! Ummm... the food. Our waitress was awesome and she got almost a 50% tip... that's how AMAZING she was :)

I used not even a tsp of the sauce and I ended up putting the tomato and lettuce on top of the chicken and mushroom and ate it with a fork instead of eating the bun. I also opted to get the steamed broccoli instead of fries.

Now came the ice cream... I wanted to get the Jimmy Dandy pictured above, but that's just not realistic. Instead I opted for watermelon sherbet with a banana. It totally hit the spot. I love their sherbet, it's so creamy.

That means that so far this week, even with my BIG splurge of going to Friendly's I am only 4 pts into my weekly allowance. Not bad. Last week, I went over by 3pts and still managed to lose 5.8, so I'm hoping I can have at least 4lbs down this week :)

I'm going to be posting some of my recipes again soon.

What's your favorite swap??

Comments

Popular Posts