Keeping the Motivation Going...

I love the posts that my Martial Arts studio keeps posting! Seriously, Lance and Ann, you guys have been hitting some major triggers for me. Thanks! :)

This is the post for today...

The Seven Step Process for Setting and Achieving Your Goals
by Brian Tracy

First, decide exactly what you want in each area of your life. Be specific!

Second, write it down, clearly and in detail.

Third, set a specific deadline. If it is a large goal, break it down into sub-deadlines and write them down in order.

Fourth, make a list of everything you can think of that you are going to have to do to achieve your goal. As you think of new items, add them to your list.

Fifth, organize the items on your list into a plan by placing them in the proper sequence and priority.

Sixth, take action immediately on the most important thing you can do on your plan. This is very important!

Seventh, do something every day that moves you toward the attainment of one or more of your important goals. Maintain the momentum!
This, paired with my new "buddy", my ActiveLink, I am motivated to go downstairs and do another intervals training on the treadmill. I also think I'm going to have to get into the pool today with the kids and do somewhat of a workout. 
I have to make some permanent changes to lose some of this weight and start gaining back the confidence. Tomorrow and Thursday I get to do the conditioning for the athletes again. Seems pretty silly, doesn't it??
I mean, here I am struggling to get myself motivated to get in shape and yet, it's my JOB to get these kids working hard. I just want to wake up and see the results. I wish it was that easy :( It's frustrating to see that there is no movement on the scale. It's sad to see that my clothes still fit the same. 
I know it takes time. I just wish that I could speed it up just a little!!

Comments

Popular Posts