I survived the first day!

Well, I mostly survived. I made one big bad decision, but it was conscious and completely guilt free.

hmmm...

Maybe not COMPLETELY.

When I first started Weight Watchers back in 2005, I was soo good. I tried not even using my activity points. Well, back in those days I wasn't earning many either, but still. I stayed on track and veered very infrequently.

Last night, I made the very conscious decision to eat most of a pint of Ben and Jerry's. BUT it was the Strawberry Shortcake Greek Frozen Yogurt :) It was sooo good AND only 5pts per serving. Unfortunately, I ate 3 1/2 servings! ooopps

Truth is, it was in the freezer since before vacation and I wanted to get rid of it. I figured I'd eat a little and melt the rest. But it was soo good. So this brings me to the BEST part of WW... I can eat whatever I want... as long as I track it, which I did.

So, today is new day and I can enjoy all the yummy, healthy things I made yesterday! I made some lighter potato salad, roasted brussel sprouts, brussel sprouts and mushrooms in a pomegranate chipotle sauce, seared chicken thighs (boneless/skinless), ambrosia. Then I sliced and peeled celery (yes, peeled all of those silly little strings off with a vegetable peeler), red peppers, and lettuce.

Basically, I made my house ready for this new beginning. The kids are on board, as well! We discussed more fruits and veggies. Less sugary stuff and much, much more water!!

My goal at this point is 3lbs/wk until school starts again. That should get me down to where I was at the beginning of last year. Not great, but better.

I will be posting recipes again and logging my activity. Speaking of which... I have a Dance Off with my kiddos, to tend to :)

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts