The Movies

Friday was Hubby's B-day. We didn't do much because we both had to work until 8:30, but he managed to grab a bottle of Amaretto on the way home for a little celebratory drink. That was yummy! So all was well, until lunch yesterday... oopps!

We went to lunch with the kids because we had a gift card for a new restaurant and figured we should try it out. I had the Mediterrean Burger, with Feta Cheese, tomatoes, and kalamata olives. It was very yummy, but came with a TON of fries that I had trouble pushing away. Then the dessert cart came... uh oh!!

I ended up having a banana tart topped with cinnamon ice cream, baked fresh for the individual. I shared it with the kids, but OMG... I didn't want to!! Since it was almost 5 by the time we finished "lunch" - the service was SLOW - I decided it wasn't that bad since we were going to have dinner. However, when we got home, my mom offered to take the kids overnight so we could go out to a movie.

Henry had been really wanting to see AVATAR and we very rarely got out, so we took advantage of this time. We got the tickets and our 3D glasses and headed over to the dreaded concession stand... this is an even BIGGER UH OH!!!! We got a LARGE popcorn... I don't remember the last time I ate that much popcorn - without butter though! See, at least I made "better" choices, right?!? and a diet pepsi... lmao!! oh yeah, and Watermelon Sour Patch candy.

The movie was great! The popcorn was soooo yummy, and I am sooo bloated today... lmao! BUT... now it's time for breakfast and I think that my egg white omlet is calling. My new favorite is egg whites with tomato, spinach, black olives chopped to make em go a little further, and a wedge of laughing cow cheese! Yummy... and only 2.5 pts. Wrapped with a fat free tortilla (1pt) or a frozen hash brown (1pt) baked on the side, this meal makes it feel like I am pampered without the guilt.

I am also going to try to get in a workout today! And I'm off...

Comments

Popular Posts