Apple Oven-Baked Pancake

Yesterday I was able to take some time and spend it on me. I went to Barnes and Noble bookstore and got a magazine to read while I had my 6" turkey and ham sub from Subway. I found a bunch of healthy cooking ones... Weight Watchers, Light Cooking, etc, but they seriously cost more than most of the reduced price cookbooks!! OMG. So I settled with one called, Simple Healthy Meals. It's by Betty Crocker and it's little claim is "Your favorite recipes healthified".

Skimming through it I found some pretty interesting dishes that I wanted to try. The awesome thing is that most of them were using ingredients that I already had in my house! Don't you hate it when you are going through a cookbook and everything requires at least one thing from the grocery store... seriously?!

OK... tell me these don't sound good...

"Healthified" Classic Potato Salad
4 pts for 3/4 cup (and I can lower this even more!!)
"Healthfied" Cashew Chicken and Broccoli
9 pts total for 1 cup chicken mixture and 3/4 cup of rice
Mexican Beef and Bean-Stuffed Peppers
3 pts for 1/2 pepper with mixture... OR 7 pts for a 2 servings... yeah baby!
"Healthified" Buffalo Chicken Dip
3 pts for 1/4 cup... you can even use this as a spread on a sandwich!
"Healthified" Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
2 pts for 3 mushrooms... put it on a large portabella and make it a meal!

So keep watching because I am soooo going to be making these! BUT, this morning I tried my first recipe for the magazine and OMG... soo yummy! It's called the Apple Oven-Baked Pancake. I was a little nervous because it's made with the Fiber One Pancake Mix and only 1 1/2 tsp of sugar and cinnamon. I'm thinking dry and flavorless, but I was hopeful. My mom had picked up a box of the pancake mix last week, at a local discount store so we could try it. Perfect right?

It was sooo good and we put the syrup into little containers on the side and dipped using about 1/8 cup of the syrup because it came out so moist! It was cake like. Gotta try it! So, here's the recipe...

Apple Oven-Baked Pancake
- makes 4 servings

2 Tbsp of butter - yes butter!!
1 egg
3/4 cup Fiber One Pancake Mix
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 small apple, very thinly sliced (I got to use my Pampered Chef Apple Peeler, slicer, corer... hehe)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon-sugar
Serve with warm syrup if desired (we used toasted pecan... perfect!)

1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. While it's heating up, melt the butter in a 9in pie pan in the oven.

2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat egg. Beat in pancake mix, milk, and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the melted butter in the pie pan. Arrange the apple slices on top and sprinkle the sugar mixture.

3. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the edges are deep golden brown. OMG... so yummy, so moist. Try it! Oh yeah, for one serving it's only 4 pts and we didn't even use 1 pt of syrup! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts