On my way

I made it to the gym today :) I think that in itself is an accomplishment so I'm giving myself a few gold stars today. Yesterday, I stayed on track as far as points and that's without even using any of my activity points. I know I could have made some better decisions, like having some healthier snacks, but hey I'm just getting back into the swing.

Today I ran on the treadmill for 2miles... without stopping! For me, this is a huge success because I have an amazing way of talking myself out of doing things. I actually would have been able to run almost 3 miles but I decided to up the speed and then I started sucking wind. Not a good thing. I realized that I need to look at the whole running thing differently.

I was envisioning the pounds melting away and listening to the songs on my MP3 player. I remember someone on a talk show saying that he would workout to a certain number of songs each day and just up the number by 1 more song whenever he felt strong enough... I think that's how I will be conquering my running thing. I can't walk until I get to a certain song. Today it just so happened to be "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel.

I spent about 4-5 hrs on Sunday building 2 playlists for running and I think I need to tweak them a little to be totally set. I gotta tell you though, Eminem and Lady Gaga... good workout music!! lmao.

OK... I keep forgetting to weigh myself in the morning BEFORE I eat, and I have a fear of weighing in after I eat anything, so I think I might actually just hold off til next week and keep my fingers crossed that I will finally be back under 160. Yep, that freaking number again!! I have issues!! lmao

Comments

Popular Posts