Day 1 - Training!!

So I decided that I will, in fact, be running the local 1/2 marathon! The kids at the high school I work at think I am completely insane, but it's all good. I've been looking into training programs and even got a friend of mine to commit to doing this with me! Yay :)

Here's what I've found...

There are some crazy workouts... ok, maybe they aren't the crazy ones, but seriously, the Beginners in this are supposed to be running 15-25 miles per week! Apparently, I am not ready for the Cool Running 3 month program... lol! I realize most people think that I'm crazy to try to do this with only 5months to go from nothing to 13.1 miles, but I honestly believe I can do!

So this is the program I will be using to get me prepared to run to this damn thing! I will be using the next couple of months to actually work up to the 8-10miles per week start distance that they recommend. So far, I have 1 whopping mile under my belt. Yes, 1! I ran that one mile today and thought that my lungs were going to pop out of my chest.

I've decided that I need to take this time to work on my strength and endurance. I will be working on my breathing and my mental toughness. BTW - I talk myself out of the damn 5Ks so I can only imagine how I'm going to be feeling at mile 8 :) I am so ready for this! This is my everest!!

I have 1 mile done for this week. I spent 28 minutes on the treadmill (11:15 of that running and then the rest was a very brisk walk - all with HILLS!!) followed by another 25minutes on the elliptical and some free weights. Day one is complete... now day 2 I'm coming for you!! hehe

Comments

Popular Posts