Motivation

Motivation is a funny thing, isn't it?

Dictionary.com defines it as:

mo·ti·va·tion –noun
1. the act or an instance of motivating.
2. the state or condition of being motivated.
3. something that motivates; inducement; incentive.

Well, I haven't been very motivated in the past few months. I've been off the wagon as far as eating, haven't been exercising, and even avoided this place because I didn't want to admit it publicly... not that this is very public. lol

Over the past 6 months I've participated in three 5K road races. The first 2 I actually ran (at least most of it) and the most recent, only a few weeks ago I walked. I walked for a couple of reasons... because I hurt my foot and it hurts more when I jog, because I wanted to walk with my hubby and kids, and mostly because I couldn't run the whole thing. Heck, I would've been lucky if I made it the first mile without walking... and I didn't want to admit that either.

So, I've admitted it. Now, I am going to conquer it! I am going to motivate myself and maybe even a few other people to do something. I am signing up for a local half marathon that takes place on March 20th. I'm thinking of having people sponsor me to help the local food pantry and keep me going. Seriously, how do I back out on race day when people are actually paying me to run???!?! I can't!!

There are a few other reasons I'm doing it. Some are... to show my kids that anything is possible, to prove to MYSELF that I can do anything, so help a charity that I seriously believe in, to get back into shape and feel good when I get dressed in the morning... and maybe even when I'm not dressed with my hubby ;)... oh and... so I can still have those little treats that I can't seem to avoid.

Anyway, I'm motivated. I created a playlist for my training runs. I set up some running paths on Running Maps even though I think I will be doing a lot of my running on the treadmill with a LOT of additional cardio on the elliptical and stairstepper... and after a few weeks of proving that I will seriously stick with this, I might even buy myself some nice new running shoes :) Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts