Almost to my first goal!!

OK, so I've been slacking for a long time now. I mean seriously, once I got past the 160 mark I've pretty much hung out here for a few years. Recently, I was motivated to actually get to my goal... 133. I know, it's a weird number, but that would make it an even 90 lbs lost (80lbs at WW). I've gotten down to 155 before and then I just float between that and 162. It's weird but the "2" is the part that freaks me out and flee from the 160s relatively quickly.

I decided though, this summer is going to be different. This is the summer that I will wear a bathing suit and feel good. This summer is the summer of running and 5ks. This is going to be the first summer of my new life... Ok, I might have gotten a little into the moment, but you get the idea.

So anyway, I started going back to WW and I've been working with my trainer. I've even been hitting the gym without an appointment which was something that I stopped doing AND I've been walking at least once a week with a very good friend :o) Hopefully, she enjoys our walks as much as I do, but I think her ear might just fall off. I just talk and talk and talk... I even think to myself "you really need to shut up" but no! more stuff comes out... lol.

Anyway, last week I was so upset that I had worked so hard, stayed on track, and only lost 1.2 lbs, that I ate an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream that night!! I figured that I started everything too suddenly and my body was in shock - it needed junk food... lmao! See how I rationalize these things.

So I asked hubby to go and get some ice cream. He's smart enough not to tell that I shouldn't eat it :o) I love my husband. I even ate it in front of my mom which is usually something I'm too selfconcious to do. Or I'll it and feel bad the whole time, but this time was different. I deserved this pint!

I hit the gym Wed and Thursday with my trainer and then followed up the ice cream Wednesday with a little pizza and a Pu Pu Platter (with veggie lo mein) friday night, at Girl's Night! Oh and did I mention the Sunday Brunch with my grandparents?? Yeah, but I worked out... a LOT! And guess what... I lost 1.4lbs!!! I think I kicked up my metabolism alright. Don't worry, I'm not going off the deep end. I did what I wanted. I realized that I need to eat a little more food to accomodate for the increased activity, but I need to do it with healthier foods.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE pulled pork with coleslaw! Well, just like with the crab cakes, I made it "safe" to eat...

Healthified Pulled Pork and Coleslaw

Pulled Pork

1 2lb trimmed pork loin
1 cup ketchup
1 can diet coke
1 tsp Pampered Chef Smokey BBQ Rub (substitute cummin)
1/2 tsp Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub (substitute chili powder)

Bring the ketchup, diet coke and spice mixture to a boil and dump over the pork loin in the Deep Covered Baker (or crockpot) and cook at 275 (low) degrees for at least 5hrs. It's done when it pulls apart easily.

Coleslaw

2 Tbsp 1% low-fat milk
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
8 cups packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
1 cups fat-free mayonnaise
4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

Combine all of the ingredients, seal in air tight container and toss back into the fridge until the pork is done.

It's amazing! I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts