Time flies

Wow... So I can't believe that I haven't posted in almost a month. I'm not sure if anyone if even reading this anymore.

I just re-read some of the stuff I wrote over the past few months and... Ummm... Hmmm. I will recommend that no one EVER should blog while medicated. Yup, that's my professional opinion.

But, now I'm good.

I'm getting stronger, still very limited, but normal day to day stuff doesn't hurt!! Woohoo :) I would be lying if I told you that I was avoiding all bending, twisting and lifting. This isn't because I've been pushing it, or trying to over do it. Have you ever tried going about your day without moving your lower back?!?! It's pretty easy to do when it hurts, but once you feel good, you forget.

A couple of weeks ago, I was even involved in a car accident. Someone turned out onto the street I was driving, right into my passenger side bumper...Seriously?!?!

The driver drove off, which really sucked, and I was livid! The poor cop who showed up took the brunt of my madness... Sorry officer :(  He asked if I got the license plate number... Nope. Make and model of the car... Nope. Names of witnesses...ummm.... No!!!

Then the fun question. "Were you injured?"
Me: I don't know! Do you think it's bad that I had back surgery 4wks ago??
Officer: Oh, that's not good :( Do you think you need to be checked?
Me: nah, I have some muscle relaxers I can take when I get home. Thanks
Officer: oh, that's good, at least.

Now, because he drove away, even though I was in the middle of the main road. Even though the housing authority got his car on video. Even though there were witnesses... I'm still stuck with the deductible. Wtf?!! Why would ANYONE stop then??

Well, I get to go to my follow-up with the neurosurgeon Monday. I can't wait!!! I'm so excited. I'm nervous too though. I just want him to say that I can work hard and not have to worry about reinjury. Say a little prayer for me... Ok :)

Comments

Popular Posts