On the run...

Almost :)

I went for my follow-up Monday morning with the neurosurgeon. It was actually rather humorous. He said, "So, how have you been feeling?" I told him that with the limited movement I had been allowed, it felt good, but I wasn't sure how it would feel if I did normal stuff. I also told him that I felt like I NEEDED to move and STRETCH!!

He kind of chuckled and said that I shouldn't be limiting myself because I won't improve!! WTH?!?

I was TOLD that the nurse practitioner is a more conservative in her treatments, BUT I shouldn't have any risk of reherniation during normal activity that doesn't cause pain.

I was cloud nine when I left. I had already made an appointment with Dr. Brian to get my first adjustment since August. It felt soooo good!!! Then, I headed back to kenpo class that night. I was so nervous, I thought I was going to puke. I looked at the speedometer on the way to the studio and realized that I was going almost 10 mph UNDER the speed limit.

To be honest, I was terrified!!

Think about it... I hadn't done anything in 3.5 months and here I was mere hours from being cleared and walking into the mats. Other than kicks and footwork, the return has gone smoothly. I've done 4 kenpo classes this week and survived!!!

It was kind of nice that another one of the students returned that same night after 6 months away due to open heart surgery. He was great... Such a motivator :)

I haven't had any back pain. I have had some pretty strange feelings in my foot. I have totally lost my sense of balance. We were doing footwork and I felt like a toddler learning to walk. Talk about feeling out of my comfort zone.

But, the BEST part happened today. I was able to coach again!!!

I got to fill in today as the throwing coach for the school. I got to do some shotput drills, work on form, and run them through some lifts. It felt sooo good!! Did I mention that I got my ankle taped so that I didn't kill myself trying to do the glide, hops, drills, etc. lol

Anyway, when I got home, I also went out and did some grocery shopping... Now I'm exhausted and I have to coach again tomorrow morning. I'm not going to whine... I LOVE doing this!!! It's so much fun. Yes, I'm a geek!!

 I don't care. I'm getting better. I'm trying to get back to normal. I will get back to normal, but until then... I wont give up.

Comments

Popular Posts