"Flexible" timeline

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. I've been seriously tired, oh yeah, and DRUGGED!!!

After the surgery, they upped my meds quite a bit and then I was a walking zombie. Guess what, I don't like that kind of feeling. I don't understand how people like to feel out of control, loopy, groggy, buzzed, whatever you want to call it!!

Now, the greatest part is that I try to act normal. I try not to fall asleep during my prep periods, but then I get home and instead I fall asleep on the couch with the kids running around the house. I've been ordering dinner so that I don't need to cook. My hubby has been doing the dishes, the laundry, the grocery shopping, the cooking, lunch packing... You get the point, right?!?!

So, this week I decided that I wasn't doing it anymore. I suddenly stopped taking all my meds!! Felt great... For about a day. Then I thought I was gonna DIE!

Apparently, after being on meds for almost 2months you can't just stop taking them. Funny thing is... The nurse practitioner never said it might not be a good thing to just stop... Not even when I told her that I had stopped just the night before. Won't she give me a heads up. Maybe a "you might want to do a taper". Something???

So, I've been feeling better... I've been tapering. At least the meds are settling. The activity is an entirely different story!

Prior to surgery I was told that I would be back to full... That was BS!

I went for my follow up and was informed that for the next 6wks I'm not allowed to twist,bend, or run. That means that after 7wks I MIGHT be able to start twisting, bending, and running... Maybe.

Please say a prayer for my sanity. I'm gonna need it!!!

Comments

Popular Posts