Let the countdown begin!!

So 1 week til the surgery.

Most people would be nervous. I'm excited!!

I even scheduled a Pampered Chef party for the Friday after the surgery. Heck, worst case scenario, I end up sitting on the couch with my friends hanging out, eating yummy food and buying amazing products. Yes, I have an addiction to Pampered Chef products! lol

But, that's not the REAL countdown... I was told that in 4-6wks I will be cleared to return to all activity!! Woohoo!! There is one small problem though. I actually bigger issues than my back because I was in denial for so long... now I have Drop Foot.

BTW... this could have been totally not a problem if I had just taken care of it weeks ago when I first noticed I had the issue. I mean I really waited almost 4wks before I was able to see the neurosurgeon. Now I'm scheduled for surgery to get my disc herniation fixed and that will require NO Physical Therapy BUT I will probably have to go to PT for my foot, leg, and glutes.

I know I can do the exercises myself, but I'm not good at motivating myself, as bad as that is. UGH!! I do however want to get back to running and Kenpo and MMA!!! I can't wait... I'm actually giddy :) hehe.

I'm going to be able to start participating in my physical education classes again! I am so excited! It gives me a whole new look at being active.

Yes, I know... I'm a geek!! I'm OK with it though :)

Comments

Ashley said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love getting any kind of feedback. Don't be a stranger. I'm about to check out the rest of your blog and hopefully you have a way I can follow you to keep up.

Popular Posts