Pork Lo Mein... Healthy!

I know, it's another asian recipe, but that's what I've been craving!! Today is my anniversary and I decided that I wanted to surprise Chef Hubby with something tasty while trying to get back on track with my eating. This weekend was far from the healthy eating I've been trying to return to.

I explained my amazing weekend in detail on my other blog, but the short sweet story is... Chef Hubby surprised me with dinner, an overnight stay at a nice hotel, and then breakfast, this weekend. Man, it was yummy!! But definitely NOT the way to lose the last 25 pounds!!


So back to today... I found a basic recipe on Weight Watchers again, but as usual, I had to make it my own. That basically means that I removed the onion, added some extra veggies, a little extra garlic and mmm mmm mmm, it was good!!




Pork Lo Mein

8oz uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp ground ginger
1 1/2 pounds of pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup baby corn, cut in half
1 cup snap peas, cut in half
1 cup fat-free chicken broth
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce

Cook the pasta as directed, drain, rinse, and set aside. Also, bring a quart of water and 1 Tbsp salt to a boil. Add the baby corns and snap peas. Cook until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.

In a sprayed large non-stick skillet, on medium-high heat, cook garlic and ground ginger for about 1 min. Add the cubed pork and cook until all sides are golden brown. Add the carrots, baby corns, and snap peas. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the flavors to absorb. Add the broth and soy sauce. Bring back to a boil and be sure that all of the pork is cooked through. Now add the pasta and toss to mix evenly. Allow to simmer for 1-2 mins.

Let the eating begin!! I did realize while I was eating it, that edamame would have been a perfect addition to this dish as well. Oh well, maybe next time! It was a meal in itself and it was a hit with the whole family. How can you beat that?!

Comments

Popular Posts