Chicken Teriyaki and Broccoli

OK - so if you're anything like me, you are always looking for something to kill that urge to order some takeout! I am currently doing the Core Program through Weight Watchers and to explain it simply, it's high fiber, low water, low density foods. Anyway, most of the recipes I post will probably fall into this catergory, but no promises. Today's recipe is almost exactly from the WW website, but I mix everything together at the end... it makes it easier!!

Chicken Teriyaki and Broccoli

2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 pound uncooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 medium scallions (I don't use these... I used some dried minced onions)
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 cups cooked brown rice
4 cups broccoli florets, steamed

In a coated pan on medium high heat, cook in the garlic, stirring, for about 1 min. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides. Add scallions and cook for about 2 minutes. Add broth and teriyaki sauce (if using dried onions, throw them in with the broth). Simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli and rice and toss to coat.

Now, the best part about CORE is that you don't actually have to measure this out to eat it!! Of course I would recommend taking one serving (about 1/4 of the mixture) and reassess your hunger following consumption... lol!

I hope you enjoy! Let me know if there are any recipes you are interested in... I have a bunch of recipes and check out MANY websites. I might actually be able to find it for you! Oh yeah, and hubby is a chef, so that helps a little too!! Then again, he told me yesterday that he prefers to be the "Fattening Chef" because things taste better that way. Oh well, that explains the 35 pound gain the year we met, huh!?!

Happy eating!

Comments

Popular Posts