It's been a long time...

Wow, I know it's been a really long time and no updates, no posts, no recipes... But I am almost done school for the year. That means no mean school, no more track, and at least for the next couple of months... No kenpo or Muay Thai fitness.

That's a LOT of time on my hands, huh??

So here's the plan.
1. Stop eating like crap
2. Start tracking the good stuff
3. Start cycling and doing the elliptical... And walking (those are my "approved" cardio methods)
4. Start lifting again... For real
5. Start reducing my coffee intake
6. Get my kids motivated to move more too!
7. Enjoy all of the time I will have with my kiddos and hubby this summer. It will be the first one EVER that we've ALL been off :)

So, why am I taking some time off?? Well, it's been a crazy few months. I was doing so well with the kenpo and was even kicking butt in the Muay Thai fitness classes, but then I ran in February. It felt awesome! I was impressed with my cardio fitness, but then the next day I was in pain.

It improved a little and I continued to coach shot put and discus, but I was sore. I started avoiding some of the drills I usually did with the athletes and actually started skipping some fitness classes because I was too sore. I had to start wearing my ankle brace again too because I was having pain in my foot. I was slowing down.

I set up an appointment with the neurosurgeon again. Then I got a contrast MRI, then I was told I needed a steroid shot, then I saw a rehab physician, then I had an EMG.., it's been fun :) lol

In the end, today actually, they decided that I probably strained my piriformis and I need rest and progressive resistive exercise, stretching, and cardio to return pain free. This is going to be s challenge but I am trying to keep a positive outlook and do this right so I won't be missing any more time.

Wish me luck and I promise I will be posting more frequently again!!! See you real soon :)

Comments

Popular Posts