Holiday Party Preparation

So this weekend is our HUGE holiday open house!! I'm so very very excited and yet so very very nervous! My mom and I always get worried that we won't have enough food, while at the same time stressing that not enough people will show up... lol. So this weekend we have a ton of creations in the works, food, dips, spreads, and DESSERTS!!!

I actually realized last week that I was completely sabotaging myself with our menu, so we revised some of the items and I can now say, I can eat at our party!! I figured that I would share some of our food ideas... you may want to look away if you are feeling particularly weak this morning! lol

Some of our healthy offerings:
Veggie Lo Mein
Seasoned, Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Turkey Meatballs with Sauce
Buffalo Wings (skinned and made w/o butter)
sound yummy? If only we stopped there, but we couldn't...

Gallons of Clam Chowder, homemade by Chef Hubby
Mini Meat Pies - family recipe
BBQ Wings
and then the desserts (I'm not going to list all of them, well, because I don't have the time... lol!)

A few favorites...
Kids Sushi (Rice Crispy Treats with Aquafish gummy treats tied to the pieces with licorice)
Scotcharoos (PB rice crispy treats covered in chocolate)
Homemade Truffles (check out the carrot cake ones at my other website)
Apple Streusel Tarts
Cream Cheese Bars
Homemade Marshmallows for the hot cocoa... mmm mmm mmm

Wish me luck!!! I know, why would I set myself up? Well, face it, although everyone keeps saying that you should make the holidays revolve around something other that food, is there really anything that brings so many people together? And seriously... it's FUN!! I love creating this stuff. I love watching people eat it and I love sharing my recipes... so if you would like any, let me know and I can post some of them.

Enjoy your weekend! I know I will!! Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts