A Few New Recipes

I know I've been slacking here, but I started teaching health this year and I've been trying to get my feet under me. This trimester is kicking my butt! I have been making power points, maintaining lesson plans, and continuing to help my kids succeed in their activities.

Here are some more recipes that keep me in line with weight loss. And it seems like I'm finally back on track with getting to my unofficial goal weight. "Doing is the opposite of Hoping" - Nike

Apple Cranberry Sauce

servings - 8   serving size - 1/2 cup

4 medium Gala apples
13oz frozen fresh cranberries
1/2 cup Oceanspray Diet Pomegranate Cranberry juice
1/2 cup splenda
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
3 cinnamon sticks



I put it all in a sauce pot and simmered it down for almost 3hrs, until the liquid was thickened and sticky. That's it! Super easy. My 13yr old tried it and liked it, so it's a keeper. Enjoy!

Apple Coleslaw

servings - 8 serving size 1/2cup

1 fugi apple - julienned or grated
1 pkg of coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
1/4cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
2 Tbsp fat free half n half
2 Tbsp sweet hot deli mustard (dijon mustard works too)
1 tsp salt
3 splenda packets
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

Mix all the ingredients except the apple and slaw mix, in a bowl. Add the apple and slaw mix and let sit in the fridge for at least 30mins before serving.

Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan and Pistachios

Servings - 4

1.25lbs uncooked Brussel Sprouts - sliced
1/2 shallot - finely diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup shelled Pistachios - chopped
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

Sauté the shallot in the oil until translucent. Add Brussel sprouts and cook until tender. Add the pistachios and parmesan and toss before serving. You can reserve some for the top, if you want to make it look pretty, but it tastes awesome!!

So there are few new recipes for now. I will be trying to post more regularly so stop by every now and then. Enjoy!!


Comments

Popular Posts