Miss me?

I know, I know... I've completely lost any people who ever read this but I wanted to say "I'm sorry". I didn't abandon the blog; I've just been trying to get back into my groove. It was frustrating trying to write something motivation while thinking about eating a hot fudge sundae, right?!

So I'm doing well. Proud to say that I've lost a few pounds and well on my way to my goal - FINALLY! I've actually been following weight watchers again and let trust me when I say, it's so much easier to stay within my points and not get bored, now that I actually eat veggies. I've been scouring cookbooks again and I've used a TON of post-it flags marking recipes that I "MUST TRY"! I'm so excited for the summer and the fresh flavors and smells that I can pick up at the local farmer's market.

Well, since it's the summer and grilling has started, I figured that I would share a very simple recipe that can be done indoors or out. It's something I've actually come to crave...

"Stuffed" Portabella Mushroom Caps

4 Portabella Mushroom Caps – stems removed
1/2 cup Balsamic vinaigrette with olive oil or Balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup fresh spinach
1/2 cup diced sundried tomatoes
1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
1/4 cup black olives
1/2 cup artichoke hearts
1/4 cup feta cheese
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Marinate the cleaned portabella caps in the balsamic vinaigrette for at least 2hours. This can be done up to 24 hrs before preparing.

Place caps on a lightly greased baking pan tops down. Chop the tomatoes, peppers, olives, and artichokes. Layer spinach, tomato mixture, and feta cheese. Drizzle a little olive oil on top. Salt and pepper for seasoning.

Place in 350 degree oven for 25 mins.

** These can be placed in foil packets and prepared on the grill. 12 mins at 400 deg.

** Use the small Bella Caps instead and you have a super easy appetizer anyone would love!!

Hopefully, this will help get you motivated to eat healthier! I got me through our first cookout of the season. No one was wondering why I wasn't eating the burger while I was chowing down on one of these... lmao. Actually, it was the only thing that we didn't have left over!

Comments

Popular Posts