Healthier Food Options...

So it's summer and the fruits and veggies are looking good! Now, if you actually know me, I mean, really know me... you'll understand that this statement is sort of strange coming out of me! Until only about a year and a half ago, my definition of veggies was lettuce, carrots, and cucumbers. Other than that I would eat corn - yes, that would be the vegetable with zero nutritional value!

Anyway, I'm still on Weight Watchers and I'm now eating veggies... lots of veggies - and liking them! Now, I just have to figure out how to cook them. I'm kind of spoiled in the fact that I can pretty much tell Chef hubby (AKA, Henry) what I want thrown together and he makes it taste soooo yummy! But, I've had to figure out how to incorporate more of them into my routine all on my own.

A big favorite is the Greek Omelette... Egg whites, 3 olives chopped, 1/2 tomato chopped, Spinach chopped, and only about a teaspoon of feta cheese... mmm mmm mmm. I have this at least 3 times a week. Do you think I might have a problem?

I also love the WW smoothies! You can get the mixes at the centers and you don't have to be a member. I know that you can get protein smoothie mixes at other stores, but I like these and they are only 1pt! My new favorite is the Wild Berry... with frozen strawberries, blueberries, and either milk, or a yogurt with some water to thin it a little. OMG - I've actually started to crave these!!

I also love the stuffed portabellas that I blogged about last week. And the topping can be made in "bulk" and thrown on top of a salad or some whole wheat pasta.

Finally, although it's not a fruit or veggie, it has become more new go to, travel snack... Kellogg's Jumbo Multi-grain Rice Krispies. These little babies are packed full of nutrition and an entire cup is only 1 pt. I can throw a baggy of these into my bag and it gives me something sweet to munch on without the guilt of the extra calories!

I also just want to share my new favorite website Hungry Girl. This website totally rocks, with it's help hints and up to date information for healthy eating. Just remember that even little steps make a big difference! I'm still going, trying to reach my goal! Good luck with whatever you are reaching for! It's a new week and now is the time to make the jump!

"Training is the Opposite of Hoping!" ~Nike

Comments

Popular Posts