Low or No Point Recipes

So Weight Watchers just adjusted their program again and I love it!! They made a huge amount of items that I use daily into a zero point food. This means that these foods no longer take away from my daily points and allow a more protein based, clean eating foundation to my meal planning. Sweet!!!

I decided to share just a few of my go to meals.

Curried Chicken and Chickpeas

2lbs of cubed lean chicken breast
3 - 15oz cans of chickpeas (drained)
3 large cloves of garlic
2 TBSP of curry (or more if I feel like it)
1 tsp Chicken Base (I used Better than bouillon brand)
salt to taste

Spray the pan with a mist of oil and add the chicken to the pot and brown. When it's browned, add the pressed garlic, chickpeas, chicken base dissolved in 4oz warm water, and all that curry! Bring to a boil and then cover and drop to a simmer for about 10-15mins. Serve over rice, quinoa, or eat right out of the bowl.

Chicken and Lots of Bean Chili

This is where it gets dicey... I don't measure any of these spices, so I will be guesstimating the amounts. I love to use different kinds of beans because it makes me feel like I'm getting variety and doesn't look as boring.

1lb ground chicken breast 99% lean
2 15oz cans kidney beans
1 15oz can black beans
1 15oz can navy beans
1 15oz can chickpeas
1 BIG can of crushed tomato no sugar added
1 can of tomato paste
8oz of water
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp cumin
1.5 tsp onion powder
1.5 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika

There is not a science to chili. Brown the ground chicken in the pot with a mist of cooking spray on the bottom. I like to add the spices to the chicken as soon as I put it into the pot because I feel like it cooks into the chicken. Whether this actually matters or not, I don't really know, but that's how I do it. When the chicken is cooked, I throw in all of the beans, then the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and water. I tend to season a bit more if I think it needs it. I love flavor so it has to have some kick. I simmer it for 30mins or longer to get the flavors to really penetrate. Then it's good for a few days of meals.

Taco Mini Loaves - Quaker Oatmeal Recipe revised 

1.5lbs of ground chicken
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup salsa
1 egg
1 packet taco seasoning

Mix it up and I portion it into my brownie squares pan, but muffin tins are awesome portioners, as well. I use a large ice cream scoop to divide the portions. Cook in the pan very lightly sprayed for 15mins at 350degrees. These can be topped with your taco toppers... and even served on a bed of lettuce to boot! Heck, serve with some beans and you have a full fledged Mexican dinner right out of the freezer. They freeze great!

Sweet Treats...


  • Grab a caramel rice cake, spread some chocolate hummus and sliced banana and yummy!!
  • Greek yogurt, frozen cherries warmed in the microwave and a little redi whip. Even some micro chocolate chips... over the moon
  • Dice an apple, add cinnamon, a packet of splenda or sweetener of choice, a Tbsp of water and a 1/4 tsp cornstarch, microwave for 1-1.5minutes to soften. Use it to top yogurt, a waffle a piece of light bread French toast, or as a dip for a plain wrap, sprayed with cooking spray, sprinkled with sweetener and cinnamon, cut into pieces and baked to make some crispy crackers. 


OK... that was my brain dump for tonight. Have a great week!


Comments

Popular Posts