Making Me a Priority...

Over the past few weeks I made a decision. I've been "pretending" that I want to get in shape, that I want to eat right, that I am motivated to get it done. But the thing that was missing was the actual motivation! Funny how that works, isn't it?? I mean, don't get me wrong, I wanted to do all of that stuff... I just also wanted to eat the pizza, chinese food, chocolate, peanut butter, cake, ice cream... did I mention chocolate! lol

Finally, a couple of weeks ago I realized that my pants were getting tighter and I haven't been wearing any shirts that even remotely touch my torso since at least December. OK, so maybe it wasn't that I just realized it, but more that I finally admitted it. I mean, seriously, I know what I need to do. That's what I've been telling myself. I am a highly qualified individual when it comes to fitness, but that just means I know what exercises hurt the most (and I should avoid... oopss!) I am responsible for discussing/educating my athletes regarding nutrition, weight loss, body shaping, etc daily. It is definitely an entirely different thing to know how to do something and actually doing it.

I have books on how to fix the wiring in my house, how to change a tire on my car, and how to train my dog. Want to guess how many of those I've successfully conquered! EXACTLY!! I can have all the freaking knowledge in the world but with nothing behind it, it's more like a book on your bedstand.

So... I recommitted myself. I'm back at the meetings at Weight Watchers and I have 3 months of sessions with my trainer. After week 1 I'm down 2.4 lbs and feel like I'm on my way to getting to my goal. I have 24lbs to go. How am I going to keep myself focused? I'm signing up for a 5k scheduled for April 18th... the day before my birthday. I have a goal to run the whole thing... no matter what! Wish me luck!!! Let me know what your goals are. Having any struggles?

Comments

Popular Posts