Quick and Easy

I was sitting here thinking about stuff to make for next week. It's going to be my first week back to school and I won't be able to take as much time to choose what I want to make before hunger strikes. I don't know about you, but I love flavor. I love variety and I really truly love food.

One of my family's go to meals is Curried Chicken and Chickpeas. I make it ridiculously simple. I realize that many curry recipes call for coconut milk, and you can totally add that this recipe, but I keep it simple.

1 lb Chicken
3 15oz cans of Chickpeas - don't get rid of the juices
4 cloves of garlic
2-3 Tbsp of curry seasoning
1/4cup chicken stock (optional)
Oil spray for the pan

I have used rotisserie chicken, ground chicken, or just some grilled chicken I had in the fridge. Heck, to be honest, if you don't have chicken, just add some more beans and you still have a full meal! Now,  spray the pan, heat it up and add the diced chicken until browned (or warmed, if it was already cooked). Add the garlic minced (or I use my garlic press). Throw in the cans of beans. I like to use 1-2 cans with the juice to make it thicker, but you can add as much or as little as you like. I also like to add a little chicken stock just for flavor. Then I simmer for 15-20 to make the flavors really get into the chickpeas.

I put this on top of rice noodles, rice, potatoes. Seriously, whatever you have works!

Next, I love my ambrosia! I've seen lots of ambrosias that have all kinds of sugar and fluff or marshmallows, but I lightened it up. If you don't like Sugar free jell-o though, I have no real suggestions.

Fruit Ambrosia

36oz small curd cottage cheese (I use fat free)
2 pkg of SF jell-o
2-4 cups of fresh fruit (chopped)
1 cup of mini marshmallows if you want to make it a dessert

Now mix it up and chill.

Some combos I've tried:
Blueberries and strawberries with strawberry jello
Pineapple chunks or crushed (drained) with orange jello
Tart cherries and blueberries with cherry jello
Blueberries with lemon jello

But have fun and make it your own!



Here are a few of my quick throw together meals or snacks!!




Remember, sometimes it doesn't have to be fancy or difficult. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts